World Book Day
World Book Day takes place on Thursday 7th March 2019 and we would like to invite you to join us in helping to make the most of this special occasion.
World Book Day celebrates the joy and value of books. To encourage this reading journey every student receives a £1 World Book Day Book Token that can either be exchanged for one of TEN special £1 World Book Day books or used to get £1 off any book costing £2.99 or more. You can find out more about the books at worldbookday.com/books.
A World Book Day token will be given to your child by the class teacher and can be redeemed at most UK bookshops.
Schools and libraries across the UK celebrate World Book Day with a huge range of events and activities. At Isebrook we would like the day to have a focus on reading and there will be various activities during the day:
- At the start of every lesson during World Book Day the students and staff will be reading for the first 10 minutes. We would encourage students to bring something they would like to read during these times. There will be reading material available at school too.
- During the day classes will have the opportunity to ‘Guess the Book Competition’ in the library.
- There will also be a drop-in reading café during lunchtime for students.
- We would like as many students and staff to dress up as their favourite book character with prizes for the best costumes. Students who don't wish to dress up can wear mufti.
- We will launch our ‘Get Caught Reading’ photo competition. The students will have until 26th April to take photos of themselves reading in unusual places.
We look forward to 7th March being an exciting celebration of reading and thank you for your encouragement and support.