At Isebrook, our teaching and learning policy is intended to promote consistency and high standards and develop students' self confidence, independence and skills for employment and career development.
Our aims are:
- To provide a creative and stimulating teaching and learning environment within which all students have an equal opportunity to develop to their full potential.
- To create a caring, welcoming and safe environment where all students will be able to build self-esteem and develop self confidence and independence.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers, supporting professionals and the local education community to meet students’ educational needs.
- To deliver a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum including elements which will promote the spiritual, moral, cultural and social development of all students and prepare them for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- To continue to develop skills and expertise amongst the staff group to meet the specialist needs of students in the college.
- To prepare students for further education, employment and leisure, independent living and to take a positive role in a multi-cultural society.
- To develop the involvement of the Isebrook’s Governing Body and the local community in the life of the college.
- To be an advocate for people with special educational needs within the wider community, developing awareness, understanding and acceptance.