What is the Local Offer?
Local Offer publishes information about services available for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities in Northamptonshire.
We, and all other local authorities, are required to publish this information by:
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014; 0-25 years
- Department for Education regulations (PDF)
Easy read guide to the Local Offer
You can download this easy read guide which explains what the Local Offer is and how you can use it:
What does the Local Offer do?
The Local Offer:
- provides information for families with children who have a special educational need or disability
- improves choice and transparency for these families
- helps professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally
- improves joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
The Local Offer works closely with the Northamptonshire Parent Forum Group and IASS to provide the information that families want. The Shooting Stars focus group support the Local Offer with advice and guidance and proof read our easy read guides.
If you would like to be involved then please contact us by emailing LocalOffer@northamptonshire.gov.uk.
What does the Local Offer cover?
- special educational provision
- health provision
- social care provision
- other educational provision
- training provision
- arrangements for children and young people to travel to schools, colleges and early years education
- leisure and sports opportunities
- preparing for adulthood information
Useful resources on the Local Offer in one list:
Annual reports from Northamptonshire's Local Offer
- Local Offer annual report Sept 2017 to Aug 2018 (PDF 717KB) this report was presented to the Disabled Children and Young People's delivery group on Friday 28 Sept 2018
- Local Offer annual report Sept 2016 to Aug 2017 (PDF 980KB) this report was presented to the Disabled Children and Young People's delivery group on Monday 18 September 2017.
- Local Offer annual report Sept 2015 to Aug 2016 (PDF 909KB) this report was presented to the Disabled Children and Young People's Delivery Group on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
- Local Offer annual report feedback (PDF 320KB)
- Local Offer annual report Sept 2014 to 2015 (PDF 743KB)
Publicity and promotion
Find the Local Offer in neighbouring authorities
- Bedford Borough Council
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Leicester City Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottingham City Council
- Oxfordshire County Council
- Peterborough City Council
- Rutland County Council
- Warwickshire County Council
The Local Offer produces a newsletter each term that is available for people who don't use the Internet.
It is called SNIX and can be sent out on request.
Sign up by completing the Special Needs Index Data Collection form.