Skip to content ↓


We currently cater for students aged 11 to 18 [Year 7 to Year 13]: all our students have a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health & Care Plan, raised and maintained by the local authority. 

Admission is through Northamptonshire Local Authority. 

What to do if you think your child needs help If your child has not been identified and you feel they need additional support.

  • Speak to your child's class teacher or Early years practitioner
  • Express your concerns, depending on your child’s needs, the teacher will:

Step 1

Provide additional support known as Early Years/School Action.
They will draw up an arrangement outlining the resources, strategies and approaches to be used to support your child.
This will be reviewed regularly to meet the changing needs of your child.

Step 2

Ask for help from specialists such as an educational psychologist or speech therapist if they feel that Early Years/School Action is not enough.
This is called Early Years/School Action Plus.
Teachers / SENCO / the school should always ask your permission before calling in outside support.

Step 3

Will request a statutory assessment of SEN  for your child if they identify long term learning needs / difficulties.
The assessment may involve observation, tests, medicals and interviews with you, your child and SEN specialists.
If, after assessment, the SEND Team / Local Authority decide that your child has significant long term learning needs, they will eventually send you an Education Health & Care Plan.

This outlines your child’s educational needs what help they should get and how they should get it – whether it be attending a mainstream school, special school or medical provision – in order to meet their long term educational needs.

You are most welcome to arrange a visit to our College: please contact the office to arrange a convenient date and time.

Telephone: 01536 500030