Our pastoral base is supervised by the Senior Leadership Team.
Pastoral care and behaviour provision is led by the Pastoral & Welfare Leader and supported by a full-time Behaviour Support Assistant and two Learning Mentors. The Assistant Head for Pastoral, Inclusion & Behaviour is the designated person for Looked After Children and child protection / safeguarding and well-being.
Students demonstrate cause for concern because:
- They are known to Social Services
- They may be involved with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- They are involved in an Early Help Assessment (EHA)
- Other reasons
We work closely with External Agencies:
- The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Prevention Through Learning Team (PTLT)
- Core Offer Team (COT)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Social Services
- Transition Service Team
- Education Entitlement Team (EET)
- Local Operational Team (LOTS)
- Inter-agency support through Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
We run personalised support programmes, including Drama Therapy, for those students who require help:
- With emotional, social and behavioural needs
- Accessing the curriculum
- Due to autism / Asperger’s syndrome
- Due to complex needs
Our BSA supports the daily running and organisation of the Pastoral Base. The BSA is responsible for supporting the SLT with behaviour issues across the provision. The role of the BSA is to support students who are finding it difficult to remain in class and learn or who are causing difficulties in class due to their behaviour.