Your schools friendly Catering Team are here to deliver a fresh food experience – Our service is innovative with a high street twist! The restaurant provides a wide selection of freshly prepared food, snacks and hot & cold drinks, coupled with the best service experience in the industry.
Our philosophy is built on freshly cooked meals that are prepared from scratch every day using the best possible ingredients that are also locally sourced wherever possible.
We have a reputation for using only the best, finest quality ingredients. Our dishes contain 95% fresh ingredients.
- Marine Stewardship Council fish (MSC) is used, which meets the high standards of sustainability and traceability
- Meals contain no undesirable food additives or hydrogenated fats
- High levels of local procurement of meat, dairy, fruit, vegetables and salads used daily
- Red Tractor (farm assured) meat
- Free Range Eggs
- All menus are seasonally aligned, where possible, to meet the Food for Life standards
A typical packed lunch is likely to cost as much, if not more than the typical school meal would cost. Especially if it has products such as tinned drinks, crisps or chocolate in it. Similarly, the nutritional value of a packed lunch falls way below that of a school meal based on 2012 national research, which established that only 1% of school lunch boxes met nutritional standards. Choosing a school meal also takes away the hassle of making
them of course!
Is your child registered for free school meals but not taking them?
You could be missing out on what you’re entitled to. You could save over £10 per week or over £300 per year!
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any
of the following;
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income related Employment and Support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e they get benefit payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
The responsibility for checking the eligibility rests with the school. Parents have to prove their eligibility every term by producing the correct documentary evidence to the school.